SD-WAN

• 1.  128T in a Core network setting

Posted 07-11-2019 11:29

Hi All, 

I have more of a conceptual question around how 128T interacts with legacy networks, and how to correctly deploy 128T in a service provider's core network. 

Attached is a diagram, where the 4 routers depicted are 128T nodes. They would have BGP peering with a PE router (behind node B/C/D), which exposes a "global" routing table to each node. Customer A which is connected to node A, needs to access an IP address (or host of IPs) that fall within the global routing table that is exposed to each of the nodes that it has peer-paths to (node B/C/D).

1) Is there a way for us to redistribute the routing table of a non-svr BGP peer, into a BGPoSVR peer? For instance I would peer on the LAN side of a 128T node with a provider PE (where I would receive the global routing table for a specific VRF or something similar), and I would then configure a BGPoSVR peer with node A from one of the other nodes - but I do not see a way for me to redistribute the routing table received from one BGP peer into another without having to manually advertise all the prefixes to the BGP peer.

2) (With STEP in mind) Lets say for instance that the above is possible, would I be able to send traffic from customer A to a learned prefix on node B, and if that link becomes unavailable or breaches SLA, would I be able to fail over to node C? 

This one is a bit hard to explain without a whiteboard session, so let me know if you need clarity on my questions;

Regards,

------------------------------
    Morne Vermeulen
    Core Engineer
    +27 (0) 10 141 8512

• 2.  RE: 128T in a Core network setting

Posted 07-17-2019 04:57
    Hi All, any ideas on the above?

Morne Vermeulen
    Core Engineer
    +27 (0) 10 141 8512

• 3.  RE: 128T in a Core network setting

Posted 07-17-2019 09:52
    Hi @Morne - Have you seen this guide that @Vanya put together? ​​​​If so, maybe she can answer your remaining questions.

Victoria