Elevate

Welcome to the Juniper Elevate Community

hero image

Promoted

Promo tile background

Check out the new TechPost 

Bits and Bytes Articles on Automated WAN Solutions, from Network Engineers to Network Engineers.

Browse Posts

Latest Discussions

• Profile Picture

DAC cabling for EX4100

Posted in: Switching

We've recently moved from EX4200 switches to new EX4100. When cabling the EX4200, the VCP cables were connected in a Ring setup. Does the EX4100 need to be cabled the same way? ------------------------------ Chris Phillips ------------------------------

• Posted in: Junos OS

Thanks Gavin, I also have never read that in any docs. All I'm aware of is the vmhost power-off commands to gracefully bring down an MX. Are you aware otherwise? I mean do you have an understanding that the Juniper-recommended procedure for correctly shutting down a MX960 (240/480) modular system ...

• Posted in: Junos OS

Hi Aaron, Great Question... The impact/risk of not waiting is not mentioned in the Juniper documentation. Nor is there any option to shut down the FPCs, from the power-off command. You would have to execute the request chassis fpc offline command first. The FPCs shut down because they no longer ...

• Posted in: SRX

Hello , I am having a requirement from client , they have SRX cluster with a custom routing instanace (Virtual router) called Prod.inet.0 All LAN interfaces ( vlan 5, vlan6,vlan 7)and WAN interface ( ISP1) are in this custom routing instance in default instance inet.0 ,we have only fxp0 (mgmt) ...

• Posted in: Routing

Thanks for your help. The only log entry was the one showing the disconnection: Apr 4 13:57:42 MX-01 rpd[2327]: bgp_ifachange_group:10534: NOTIFICATION sent to 64.124.44.250 (External AS 6461): code 6 (Cease) subcode 9 (Hard Reset) [code 6 (Cease) subcode 6 (Other Configuration Change)], Reason: ...

• Posted in: Automation

Andy. I am running putty on Windows. if I run "sh interface terse", the display stops and --more-- is displayed. I believe it might just be how the script is handled on EX switch vs the srx. I have opened a service call with Juniper and I'll see what comes up. In my code, I included a parameter ...

• Posted in: Innovators Circle

Hi Innovators, Thank you to all who participated in our recent survey about hardware product and packaging sustainability! Here are some snippets of what your peers in the networking industry said: Most important hardware design principle is Design for Maximizing Product Life—86% ...

Latest Articles

• SRv6 in PTX Express 5

Blog Entry
    Posted to: TechPost Blogs

PTX Express 5 ASIC has full support for SRv6 with up to 8 carrier segment identifiers (SIDs) in a packet. That translates to 48 micro-SIDs (uSIDs), enough to pass a packet around the world! Following is a description of how SRv6 was implemented in the ASIC. Introduction The large-sized headers and distinct processing steps associated with SRv6 ...

• Posted to: TechPost Blogs

Express5 has leap frogged in terms of Route scale, thanks to a novel approach in implementing the route table memory. This article is part of a series of publications on Express5: Express 5 Overview: https://community.juniper.net/blogs/dmitry-shokarev1/2024/03/12/express-5-overview Introducing PTX10002-36QDD: ...

• Posted to: TechPost Blogs

Filter in Express5 supports Flex Key match on any field in the first 128 bytes of the packet. Using software defined templates, firewall term matches are done using flex-key construction. This can be used to specify matches on user-defined packet byte locations via CLI. Introduction Express architecture supports a highly versatile, multi-facet, ...

Top Contributors of the Week