SD-WAN

• 1.  Routing Issue

Posted 11-18-2020 17:05
    Hi,

Hope someone can help. 

I've setup a new lab to do some further testing and i've run into a basic problem. Having configured everything I can ping between two tenant devices but nothing else, web services, ssh, iperf etc all fail.

I've tried both static routes and service routes, the fibs on both routers look fine. 

Frustratingly i've had this working on a previous lab and nothing apart from the 128T devices has changed since then. 

My lab topology is very similar to the on-ramp lab and ive used that guide to create my labs. The only difference to my previous lab is I am now running 4.3.11 vs 4.3.7 previously.

Any advice would be appreciated

Regards

John

------------------------------
    John Spencer
    Network Design Engineer

• 2.  RE: Routing Issue

Posted 11-20-2020 05:38
    Hi John,

If I understood your problem correctly, you can ping between 2 tenant end-devices, but you cannot perform any ssh/web-service/iperf between these same 2 devices, right?

Have you tried connecting to both routers using SSH and executing following command while testing ssh/web-service/iperf ?
    tail -f /var/log/128technology/serviceArea.log

Did you correctly configure necessary UDP + TCP ports on the service itself?

Mirco El-Nomany
    Head of IT
    Frankfurt

• 3.  RE: Routing Issue

Posted 11-20-2020 07:51
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I traced the fault to a misconfiguration on the VM. One LAN facing nic was configured as VXNET not e1000. Ping woked fine but any TCP or UDP packets threw up high numbers of CRC errors. I didn't initallly spot this was when i've misconfigured this before the interface wouldn't pass any traffic making it easier to fault find. 

Regards

John

John Spencer
    Network Design Engineer