SD-WAN

• 1.  Satellite Link Configuration

Posted 02-10-2020 06:12
    Hi,

Hello 128T team. I want to use 128T via satellite link and now testing with simulator, set as : 
       Bandwidth                  10mbps
       network-delay            600ms
        packet-loss                 4 %

When test with speedtest, the speed is only around 1 Mbps upload and download. 

What setting can I tune that the router can fully utilize the bandwidth ?
    Also any suggestion for the DFB setting ? 

thanks
    Wayne

------------------------------
    Wayne Lee
    Network Engineer
    Hong Kong
    (852) 2138 9388

• 2.  RE: Satellite Link Configuration

Posted 02-10-2020 10:02
    Hi Wayne, there are a handful of settings on the device-interface which can help the router optimize for the network conditions you are describing. Do you have traffic-engineering enabled, and a transmit-cap configured on your interfaces into the VSAT network?

Also, can you share your topology and routing setup? I'd assume that you have a router behind a VSAT modem peering to a router behind a teleport headend, and you are using peer service-routing (SVR) to connect sessions, but figured I'd ask.

- Reid

• 3.  RE: Satellite Link Configuration

Posted 02-10-2020 10:54

Hi Reid,

The topology  is like this :

Internet ßà  headend router ßà headend 128T ßà modem ç== VSAT===èmodemßàremote 128T  :  remote site network

I have a service route 0.0.0.0/0 for the remote 128T to access internet via the headend 128T to headend router.

Traffic-engineering and session optimization are enabled, transmission capacity is unlimited at device interface for both 128T routers.

Thanks

Wayne